Hello world. I am Megan. I am really into art and drawing and all of that kind of stuff. I think art is really important in this world and it needs a lot of color in this world-which is what I’m going to be talking about in this article.
One of the most important things about drawing is color. Colors can tell you a lot about the drawing. If it has bright, happy colors, the drawing should resemble something happy or exciting. Drawings with gloomy, dark and boring colors are mostly sad or dark drawings.
How did colors come to be? Colors make our world a great place. If we had no color, our world would be boring in black-and-white. The colors came to be when people started wearing clothes and wanted them to be more attractive. They made dyes from plants and animals. Here is how some of the colors were made for dyes:
- Blue was made from indigo and woad, which is a flowering herb.
- Purple was a very expensive color to get, which required four million mollusks.
- Henna and madder were mixed with alum to make red. If you wanted a more vivid red, you could use kermes.
- Yellow was the easiest to make. It was made from many different plants and plant parts.
Of course, there are combinations of colors. There are many different kinds of color combinations. Here are the different kinds of color combinations:
- Monochromatic are colors that are the same shade or tint of a color.
- Complimentary Colors are colors that are opposite of eachother on the color wheel. The three most common complimentary combinations are red and green, yellow and purple, and orange and
- Split-Complimentary Colors are colors that have one hue plus two other colors equally spaced from it’s complimentary color.
- Double Complimentary Colors are two complimentary color sets together.
- Analogous Colors are colors that are adjacent to another on the color wheel.
- Triad Colors are three colors equally positioned on the color wheel.
Of course, there are many different ways to add colors to your art piece. Some of the most commonly used tools, which is used almost everywhere, especially in schools, is crayons, markers, and color pencils. Some other ways are using paints, like spray paints or normal paints, like watercolors and such. There are probably other creative ways to put colors on your art.