Here’s an update.
Yesterday, me and a few of my friends were talking about how (no offense) bad the world has become.
So, I have made a second “side blog” for that very reason.
The link is https://socialacceptanceblog.wordpress.com/
The blog’s main purpose is to make everybody feel equal and treated fairly.
So, come help spread kindness into the world.
Time to leak my DeviantArt account!
So for any people who are wondering, my DeviantArt is NuclearVulpix.
Yea it’s me.
So come watch me if you want, and please don’t judge what I like or draw or anything.
We see art just about every day in our lives, unless you live in a place with no color. Art is important to the world, and here are 13 reasons why art is important.
- Art makes the world more colorful. It adds variety to the everyday world around us, and makes the Earth more enjoyable to look at.
- Art gives you a chance to express yourself. Some people may not know a lot about you. Drawing can define your personality if you put your heart and soul into it. In fact, most people’s art revolves around feelings. If you’re feeling angry, there will be lots of red and an angry mood in the art.
- You can make new friends. If you focus on drawing things that other people like, you can talk about it together.
- Art improves your creative skills and thinking. If you are a creative type of person, doing art can make you even better.
- It gives you confidence. If you can express things in art and become more open to the world that way.
- It gives you teamwork skills. Collaboration is a huge part in society, and we do it a lot. Working together for big projects and such will make you better at your teamwork skills.
- Art can give you a better chance at a career, and can prepare you. Most jobs nowadays require creative and open minded people. Doing art will make things easier for you.
- It can make us calmer. If you are angry at something, just sit down and draw for a bit. Trust me, it helps.
- You can tell stories your own way. If you’re not good at writing, art is another very similar way to tell stories. You can either make comics, or just draw anything that can tell a story.
- It allows you to explore new opportunities. Art is a way to find what you’re good at.
- It can make you realize what you want to do. If you like drawing, you can make lots of money by selling paintings and stuff.
- It can make you a smarter person. There are some things that art can teach you, such as patience.
- Art can have a huge impact on lives, and change the world if possible. Some art pieces have had a large impact on lives and affected lots of people.
So maybe, your art can be important too.
If you try hard.
Art theft is a common problem on websites.
What is art theft? It’s pretty self explanatory. Art theft is when somebody steals your art, posting it online, and claiming that they were the ones to make it.
There are a few different ways to avoid art theft.
If you just put “don’t steal” in the description, not everyone is going to listen to that. There are jerks that don’t listen and will steal it anyway. So, I don’t recommend trying that.
Putting a signature on your art CAN be helpful. Sometimes. For digital art, if you’re using flat background colors with no shading, gradients, or anything like that, people can easily mark over it. For traditional art, don’t write your signature in pencil, because people can erase it or put whiteout over it.
The most helpful thing to do is to put a watermark on it. Some websites, such as DeviantArt, allow you to put your own watermark on it when submitting your art. Others, however, don’t.
A simple way to make a watermark if you’re using a digital program allowing you to make multiple layers is to first, make a new layer. Next, turn down the opacity so it’s still visible, but not interfering with the actual picture. Then, take a dark color and draw a logo or your signature on the picture. Also, on your watermark, make sure to include a link to your website or your account name.
Watermarks are useful. If your art somehow does get stolen and it has a watermark on it, people can easily recognize it as yours with the watermark, especially if you have your account/website name on it.
Elements of Art and Principles of Design
To art, there is something called elements of art and principles of design. These are important to an art piece, and it gives them character. Here are the elements of art, along with a description of what they are and what they do.
Line – Lines are self explanatory. Lines can be all sorts of things, but they are like the base of your drawing. You use lines when you’re doing the outlines of your drawing.
Color – Also self explanatory. Color is, well, adding color to your drawing to make it stand out. It’s okay if you don’t use color, but it makes your art so much better to look at and much less boring if you have color.
Shape – Shape is all of the different shapes in your drawing. Some of the more basic shapes are circles, squares, triangles and rectangles. There are shapes with interesting names too, like the squircle and the nonagon.
Form – Form is the physical shape of your drawing. It can be all sorts of different shapes put together.
Value – Value is the lightness and darkness in a color. All colors have tints and shades.
Space – Space is how much space your drawing takes up. There are two types of space, positive and negative space.
Texture – Texture is how soft, rough, etc. an object looks. All objects have different textures.
Now that’s all of the elements of art. Here are the principles of design.
Balance – Balance is how different pieces of your art (lines, color, etc) are arranged, and how they link up
Proportion – Proportion is how big or small an object is compared to another one.
Emphasis – Emphasis is the area or part of a drawing that draws the attention to the viewer.
Variety – Variety is combining visual elements to create complex relationships.
Movement – Movement is the focal point in a drawing.
Rhythm – Rhythm is a combination of different elements but repeated
Harmony – Harmony is when all elements of a piece of art combine to make a balanced, complete whole
There are many elements in art that are important for drawing. Without the elements of art and principles of design, your art would be nothing.