Art is beautiful.
Digital art can be a hit or miss.
People either choose to be a digital artist or a traditional artist. The difference is that traditional art uses the original drawing tools, such as pencils and paints. With our new technology, we have access to computers, which gives us more opportunities, and it is no doubt the same for art.
This article is going to give you tips about digital art. Because the only digital program I stick with is Paint Tool SAI, I will be giving tips relating to that. However, some of these tips will be universal, and will be able to be used for any program.
First off, pricing. Paint Tool SAI is expensive, but if you’re a desperate person like me, it shouldn’t take long to find a free version if you devote yourself to it. I found a way to get PTS for free, and I have no regrets.
These tips will cover any and, most likely, all digital art programs.
First off, the easiest way to get used to any program is to experiment. Draw a few things and play around with the features. It doesn’t take long if you just sit down and practice with each and every tool a few times.
After you get used to practicing with the tools and features of your program, practice drawing now.
There are two ways to do this. The more popular way is to get a drawing tablet, which I don’t use. The other way is to draw with a mouse. Using your mouse can be a disaster, but people like me with good grips can do it easily.
Good for you if you use a mouse.
Paint Tool SAI Tips
You can stop reading now if…
- You don’t own Paint Tool SAI and are not interested in getting it
- You were just here for universal tips (If so then well dang. I’ll have an extended article about that stuff if that’s what people want).
So for PTS, there are a few useful tools that other programs might not have. I have been using Paint Tool SAI for at least a year, so you can trust me.
Something that a lot of art programs have, but some don’t have:
Layers are extremely useful. If you manage to make a PIECE OF ART with ONE layer, then you are majestic.
Layers have several options such as changing the opacity (how transparent or visible something is), locking layers, and much more. Opacity is useful for shading as well.
How I shade is first, I choose a dark color that is extremely close to black and color around in the places I want shading in in a seperate layer. Then, I turn the opacity down and then it looks really cool.
Layer placement is key too. Certain things won’t show up if you place them in a certain spot.
There is also an option for each tool (pencil, brush, etc.) to set a special name for them and a quick-access key. Basically, a quick-access key is a key on your keyboard that you press and it selects the tool automatically for you. You can make tools have special effects like tool opacity, size, etc.
Stay tuned for more! Check my social media for updates and more!
Hi guys, I’m here to give a quick update.
So, props to you if you’ve seen the About, Contact, and Art page updated with new art. Recently, I’ve made custom art for the pages.
Basically, I’ve drawn three different cats with a simple background for all three pages.
As you can possibly tell, I like doing unique patterns on their fur, which I of course did.
Remember to visit my social media for updates and more! 🙂
We see art just about every day in our lives, unless you live in a place with no color. Art is important to the world, and here are 13 reasons why art is important.
- Art makes the world more colorful. It adds variety to the everyday world around us, and makes the Earth more enjoyable to look at.
- Art gives you a chance to express yourself. Some people may not know a lot about you. Drawing can define your personality if you put your heart and soul into it. In fact, most people’s art revolves around feelings. If you’re feeling angry, there will be lots of red and an angry mood in the art.
- You can make new friends. If you focus on drawing things that other people like, you can talk about it together.
- Art improves your creative skills and thinking. If you are a creative type of person, doing art can make you even better.
- It gives you confidence. If you can express things in art and become more open to the world that way.
- It gives you teamwork skills. Collaboration is a huge part in society, and we do it a lot. Working together for big projects and such will make you better at your teamwork skills.
- Art can give you a better chance at a career, and can prepare you. Most jobs nowadays require creative and open minded people. Doing art will make things easier for you.
- It can make us calmer. If you are angry at something, just sit down and draw for a bit. Trust me, it helps.
- You can tell stories your own way. If you’re not good at writing, art is another very similar way to tell stories. You can either make comics, or just draw anything that can tell a story.
- It allows you to explore new opportunities. Art is a way to find what you’re good at.
- It can make you realize what you want to do. If you like drawing, you can make lots of money by selling paintings and stuff.
- It can make you a smarter person. There are some things that art can teach you, such as patience.
- Art can have a huge impact on lives, and change the world if possible. Some art pieces have had a large impact on lives and affected lots of people.
So maybe, your art can be important too.
If you try hard.